GIVING YOU EXTRA PEACE OF MIND
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, GVI are offering you the opportunity to transfer your program to a new date free of charge should you not be able to start on your proposed date due to travel restrictions. There are also flexible payment plans available, reach out for more information!
Who: Global Vision International (GVI)
Where: Bay of Lakonikos, Greece
When: June to September (set departure dates)
Duration: 2 to 12 weeks.
- Over 18s: Individuals applying must be over 18.
- Family-friendly: This project accepts families with children aged over 14.
- Under 18? GVI run a similar turtle programme for ages 15-17. Fill in the enquiry form below to find out more.
Focus: The conservation and protection of one of the most important loggerhead turtle nesting areas in the region.
Internship: Marine Conservation Internship available a 6-12 week stay.
Cost: 2 weeks from GBP 1,295
The price per week gets cheaper the longer you stay.
Get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions). Simply complete the form below.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Patrol the beach to locate new tracks and nests, and help protect nests against predation by mammals and/or being inundation by sea water.
- Collect vital data that contributes directly to coastal management plans in Greece and also the international strategy for the conservation of sea turtles.
- Take part in daily morning surveys to record nesting activity
- Record turtle data and measurements.
- Install protective nest grids
- Relocate and excavate nests (from August onwards)
- Harvest bamboo to assemble nest grids
- Provide important conservation information to overseas visitors and the local community.
Before Departure: Volunteers must complete their field training online, 8 weeks before departure. This is in order to maximise the time spent in the field. The training includes:
- Pre-departure Orientation (1 hour)
- Program Specific Training (1 – 5 hours)
- Marine Conservation course (10 – 15 hours) – optional
Internships are available. All interns are required to complete the marine conservation online course, as well as a leadership and careers course. Get in touch below to find out more.
Quiet campsite near a traditional fishing town. The campsite has a number of facilities, including a mini-market, a self-service restaurant and access to a telephone.
Sleeping: Tents right next to the beach with great views.
Food: 3 meals a day.
Support: Airport pick up, 24-hour emergency phone, 24-hour in-country phone.
Get 5% off with Sea Fans
Fill in this enquiry form, and a member of GVI will get in touch to answer all your questions. Plus, you’ll get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions).
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.