Guatemala Sea Turtle Conservation
Where: Pacific Coast, Guatemala
Focus: Turtle monitoring and community education.
When: All year round
Duration: 2 weeks+ | Project starts weekly on a Monday.
Suitability: Over 18s. Group bookings available.
Cost: 2 weeks starts from GBP 599 | Extra weeks from GBP 179.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Help to protect three different sea turtle species – Leatherback, Olive Ridley, and Green.
- Monitor and patrol the turtle nesting beaches to protect against predators
- Collect a variety of data on the behaviour and feeding habits of sea turtles.
- Take part in environmental education, awareness-raising work and prepare materials for school education programmes.
- Help to encourage the local community to move away from harmful practices such as harvesting turtles, and encourage the conservation of turtles in their future.
- Support the local conservation work of caimans and iguanas.
Accommodation: Clean, comfortable, shared accommodation with a communal kitchen and bathroom with flushing toilet.
Sleeping: Shared dormitories with bunk beds.
Food: 3 meals a day.
Support: 24-hour in-country support; International HQ emergency support and back-up; UK residential briefing weekend available.
Transport: Airport pick up from Guatemala City airport.
The next step: Visit Frontier for more information and to book.
Please say that you heard about this project from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this project below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer in marine conservation.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.