Bali Sea Turtle Conservation
Where: Bali, Indonesia
Focus: Turtle nest monitoring and rehabilitation.
When: All year round. Set start dates – 1st and 3rd Monday of the month.
Note: No activities take place during Bali holidays – check the project web page for dates.
Duration: Min. 2 weeks
Suitability: Over 18s. Group bookings available.
Cost: 2 weeks start from GBP 699 | Extra week GBP 324.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Contribute to the work of a local conservation NGO implementing sustainable solutions to ensure the longevity of sea turtle populations.
- Collect vital baseline data on turtle populations and study behaviour.
- Identify turtle species, collect eggs, monitor nests and make sure hatchlings safely reach the sea.
- Maintain the enclosure and monitoring juvenile growth and activity.
- Feed and rehabilitate the weaker juvenile sea turtles in a natural enclosure until they are ready for release.
- Study the impact of external factors on sea turtle populations
- Interact with local villagers and help teach English at a local school.
Note: Activities vary depending on the time of year and the project focus at the time of joining.
Volunteers stay at the simple but comfortable volunteer house located right next to the beach.
- Sleeping: Backpacker-style shared rooms with electric fans, bedding and mosquito nets.
- Food: 3 meals per day.
- Support: 24 hour in-country support; International HQ emergency support and back-up; UK residential briefing weekend available.
- Airport pick up: Included from Ngurah Rai International Airport (also known as Denpasar International Airport) on the Sunday. Pick up is available at an extra cost if arriving at a different time.
The next step: Visit Frontier for more information and to book.
Please say that you heard about this project from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this project below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer in marine conservation.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.