Sea Turtle Conservation
Where: Fitzroy island, Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
Focus: The rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured turtles.
When: All year round.
Duration: 1 – 8 weeks (longer durations available on request).
Suitability: Over 18s
Cost: 1 week from USD 995.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Become an important member of a team who nurse sick and injured sea turtles back to health.
- Assist in the treatment of the injured turtles.
- Get involved in essential day-to-day activities such as cleaning and feeding the sea turtles at the facility, keeping the tanks clean and taking part in turtle releases.
- Educate the public in the interests of sea turtles and help in the promotion of humane and sustainable practices.
A hostel on the mainland with a large kitchen, free Wi-Fi, AC, balcony or garden terrace, free Sunday night BBQ, free luggage storage, onsite laundry, free activities and pillows and sheets included.
- Sleeping: Dormitory-style room for up to 6 volunteers with an ensuite bathroom.
- Food: Self-catering.
- Number of volunteers: 5
- Support: Airport pick up and drop off, 24-hour in-country support.
The next step: Visit Fronteering for more information and to book.
Please say that you heard about this project from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this project below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer in marine conservation.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.