Lemon Shark and Turtle Conservation in the Seychelles
Who: Global Vision International (GVI)
Where: Curieuse Island, Seychelles
Focus: Lemon shark and green and hawksbill turtle conservation
When: All year round
Duration: 6, 8, 10 or 12 weeks
Suitability: Over 18s
Cost: The price per week gets cheaper the longer you stay:
- 6 weeks from GPB 2,895
- 8 weeks from GPB 3,445
- 10 weeks from GPB 3,945
- 12 weeks from GPB 4,495
Get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions). Simply complete the form below.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Rotate between the 2 key conservation projects within the Curieuse Island National Park – lemon sharks and turtles.
- Track down lemon shark pups in mangrove forests in order to gather valuable data pertaining to population and growth rates on the elusive under-studied species.
- Patrol the beaches to study the nesting success and habits of both hawksbill and green turtles on the island.
- In conjunction with the Seychelles National Parks Authority, get involved in various educational campaigns and activities including mangrove replanting, endemic flora re-vegetation, beach clean ups and environmental education classes.
- Work alongside knowledgeable and dedicated national partners and get an invaluable insight into the life and work of conservationists.
- Receive a conservation certificate and summary of training and experience received.
Accommodation: Remote research station on a beautiful island.
Sleeping: Small huts with other volunteers in a dormitory-style set up. Camp duties are done on a rotational basis.
Working week: Monday to Friday with weekends free.
Support: 24-hour emergency phone, 24-hour in-country support.
Transport: Airport pick up included
Get 5% off with Sea Fans
Fill in this enquiry form, and a member of GVI will get in touch to answer all your questions. Plus, you’ll get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions).
Write a review: Share your experience of this project below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer in marine conservation.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.