GIVING YOU EXTRA PEACE OF MIND
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, GVI are offering you the opportunity to transfer your program to a new date free of charge should you not be able to start on your proposed date due to travel restrictions. There are also flexible payment plans available, reach out for more information!
Who: Global Vision International (GVI)
Where: Curieuse Island, Seychelles
Focus: Lemon shark and green and hawksbill turtle conservation
When: All year round
Duration: 2 to 12 weeks
Suitability: Over 18s
Cost: 2 weeks from GPB 1545
The price per week gets cheaper the longer you stay.
Get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions). Simply complete the form below.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Rotate between the 2 key conservation projects within the Curieuse Island National Park – lemon sharks and turtles.
- Track down lemon shark pups in mangrove forests in order to gather valuable data pertaining to population and growth rates on the elusive under-studied species.
- Patrol the beaches to study the nesting success and habits of both hawksbill and green turtles on the island.
- In conjunction with the Seychelles National Parks Authority, get involved in various educational campaigns and activities including mangrove replanting, endemic flora re-vegetation, beach clean ups and environmental education classes.
- Work alongside knowledgeable and dedicated national partners and get an invaluable insight into the life and work of conservationists.
- Receive a conservation certificate and summary of training and experience received.
Before Departure: Volunteers must complete their field training online, 8 weeks before departure. This is in order to maximise the time spent in the field. The training includes:
- Pre-departure Orientation (1 hour)
- Program Specific Training (1 – 5 hours)
- Marine Conservation course (10 – 15 hours) – optional
Internships are available. All interns are required to complete the marine conservation online course, as well as a leadership and careers course. Get in touch below to find out more.
Accommodation: Remote research station on a beautiful island.
Sleeping: Small huts with other volunteers in a dormitory-style set up. Camp duties are done on a rotational basis.
Working week: Monday to Friday with weekends free.
Support: 24-hour emergency phone, 24-hour in-country support.
Transport: Airport pick up included
Get 5% off with Sea Fans
Fill in this enquiry form, and a member of GVI will get in touch to answer all your questions. Plus, you’ll get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions).
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.