Who: Madagascar Research and Conservation Institute (MRCI)
Where: Nosy Komba (Black Lemur island), Madagascar (northwest coast)
Focus: Coral reef, turtle and nudibranch surveying, and artificial reef building:
- Survey nudibranchs to determine the species density and biodiversity of nudibranchs in the area as well as associated substrates.
- Monitor turtles through snorkel surveys and turtle nesting areas (in season). Protect female turtles laying eggs and hatchlings making their way to the sea.
- Help create artificial reefs and support reef regeneration by coral propagation and litter removal.
- Learn turtle, fish, invertebrate and coral identification and coral reef survey techniques.
- Take part in beach cleans and educate the local community on environmental issues, conservation and the protection of biodiversity and marine resources.
When: All year round
Duration: 4-12 weeks
Suitability: Over 18s
Visit MRCI for more information.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.