Who: Gili Shark Conservation
Where: Gili Air, Bali, Indonesia.
Focus: Shark and marine conservation around the Gili Islands:
- Scuba dive to seek out sharks, rays, turtles, and other species that indicate the health of a reef.
- Use baited underwater cameras to photo ID marine life in order to track the population of sharks and turtles throughout the reserve.
- Learn about marine and shark conservation through presentations and workshops.
- Take part in community outreach projects such as beach and reef cleans, and teach the local community why it’s important to look after the ocean.
- Earn two conservation specialities – PADI AWARE Shark Conservation Distinctive Specialty and PADI Scientific Diver Distinctive Specialty Course.
When: All year round | Volunteers request start dates though an online application
Duration: Min. 2 weeks | Recommended length of stay is 4-8 weeks.
Suitability: Over 18s
Language: Volunteers should be able to speak basic English.
Visit Gili Shark Conservation for more information.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.