Who: CBMWC | The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales
Where: New Quay, Cardigan Bay, Wales, UK
Focus: Support the running of a wildlife centre and survey dolphins, atlantic grey seals and other marine wildlife from land and boat.
- Join one of the various volunteer programme opportunities available and experience Wales’ amazing marine life and contribute towards marine conservation.
- Gain experience in field work and research methods to perform both land and boat based marine mammal surveys.
- Collect data on the wildlife, with a focus on bottlenose dolphins and atlantic grey seal.
- Learn to photo ID marine megafauna and how to sort, match and catalogue the data.
- Assist with the annual seal pup survey (October).
- Take part in beach cleans.
When: March to November
Duration: 4-9 week periods or an 8 month full season
Suitability: Over 18s.
Cost: Free | Volunteers pay for own accommodation.
Visit CBMWC for more information.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.