North Bali Coral Reef Conservation Project
Who: Volunteering Solutions.
Where: Tianyar, Bali.
Focus: Artificial coral reef building and community education.
When: All year round (set start dates).
Duration: 2-8 weeks.
Suitability: Over 18s.
Cost: Available here
As a volunteer, you will:
- Help set up a no-fishing zone along the reef.
- Build a personal artificial reef and deploy it directly onto the reef.
- Organise beach and reef cleans to remove plastic and old fishing nets.
- Help in providing a sustainable future for local residents in this underprivileged village.
- Visit two local schools deliver marine conservation education to school children, villagers and fishermen about sustainable fishing practices, marine life and plastic pollution.
- Receive a conservation certification on completion of the project.
- Non-divers have the opportunity to learn to scuba dive with a local dive centre for an additional cost.
Accommodation: A cluster of bamboo cottages in Tianyar with separate bathrooms and toilets. Each cottage comes with a sit out area and a fan. There are two common areas and a kitchen. There is no Wi-Fi.
Sleeping: Shared rooms.
Food: 3 meals a day.
Support: Orientation session on arrival, 24-hour in-country volunteer support.
Transport: Airport pick up
The next step
Visit Volunteering Solutions for more information and to book. Please say that you heard about this project from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this project below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer in marine conservation.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.