Who: Coral Cay Conservation (CCC)
Where: Napantao, Sogod bay, Southern Leyte, The Philippines
Focus: Coral reef surveying and scuba diving
When: All year round (closed from mid-Dec to start-Jan)
Duration: 2-16+ weeks ; Min. 2 week stay, but 5 weeks are recommended for dive trainees.
Suitability: Over 18s
- 2 weeks from GBP 970
- Additional fees apply for dive courses
- Reduced cost for longer stays
- Discounts available for returning volunteers
Get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions). Simply complete the form below.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Learn to dive on world-class reefs, including the fantastic house reef directly outside the base. Perfect for snorkelling.
- Become a coral reef surveyor by undergoing CCC’s Skills Development Programme (SDP). No prior knowledge of marine biology needed, just an interest in the ocean.
- Learn coral reef ecology, marine wildlife identification and different target species.
- Gather data on the health of the surrounding reefs to help inform future management decisions on how best to conserve marine resources.
- Help in the establishment and ongoing monitoring of Marine Protected Areas (MPA).
- Join community education sessions within local schools and universities, and support the scholarship programme training local scholars.
- Interact with, and contribute to, the local traditional village.
- Gain first aid training.
- The chance to snorkel with migrating whale sharks (Nov-May).
Conservation Certifications: Reef Check Eco-Diver certification, CCC Reef Survey Diver PADI specialty.
PADI Dive Training: All volunteers will be trained up to a minimum of PADI Advanced Open Water (AOW) before starting the SDP.
Divemaster Internship: Min. 12 weeks stay. Free if volunteering for 16+ weeks.
Accommodation: Spacious, but basic, volunteer house overlooking the ocean in a remote location.
Sleeping: Dormitory-style bunk rooms, up to 6 people per room.
Food: 3 meals a day cooked by in-house project chef.
Base size: 2-15 volunteers.
Support: Airport pick up, 24-hour on-site support, pre-departure meetings.
Get 5% off with Sea Fans
Fill in this enquiry form, and a member of Coral Cay Conservation will get in touch to answer all your questions. Plus, you’ll get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions).
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.