Who: People and the Sea.
Where: Malapascua Island, Philippines.
Focus: Coral reef surveying and community engagement projects:
- Scuba dive and get the chance to see thresher sharks at the world-famous dive site, Monad Shoal.
- Learn coral reef ecology and how to carry out coral reef surveys.
- Help establish an ongoing coral reef monitoring and biodiversity assessment programme on 25-30 sites.
- Create a habitat map of Malapascua’s waters and a usage map of Malapascua’s waters (fishing and diving sites).
- Make a difference in the community by taking part in community engagement projects.
When: All-year round.
Duration: Divers – 4-12+ weeks / Non-divers – 2-12+ weeks.
Suitability: Over 18s.
Visit People and the Sea for more information.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.