GIVING YOU EXTRA PEACE OF MIND
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, GVI are offering you the opportunity to transfer your program to a new date free of charge should you not be able to start on your proposed date due to travel restrictions. There are also flexible payment plans available, reach out for more information!
Who: Global Vision International (GVI).
Where: Phang Nga, Thailand.
Focus: Seasonal coastal conservation projects and year-round turtle research.
When: All year round. Dry season: November – March. Rainy season: May – October.
Duration: 2 to 14 weeks.
Suitability: Over 18s.
Cost: Prices from GBP 1595; The price per week gets cheaper the longer you stay:
Get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions). Simply complete the form below.
As a volunteer in Thailand, you will:
- Assist in the conservation of Thailand’s coastal and marine ecosystems as a hands-on member of an international team:
- Dry season – The focus is on coastal and marine conservation,
- Rainy season – The focus switches to terrestrial conservation.
- Immerse yourself in coastal environment research, coral reef monitoring and tourist education and management (November – March).
- Get involved in biodiversity surveying in nearby National Parks such as bird and butterfly monitoring (May – October).
- Work at two local turtle research and conservation centres with animal husbandry (all year round).
- Help in the fight against plastic pollution through beach cleans and community education classes for local schools, hotels and tour and dive operators,
- Teach English to national park rangers and the general community.
Before Departure: Volunteers must complete their field training online, 8 weeks before departure. This is in order to maximise the time spent in the field. The training includes:
- Pre-departure Orientation (1 hour)
- Program Specific Training (1 – 5 hours)
- Marine Conservation course (10 – 15 hours) – optional
Internships are available. All interns are required to complete the marine conservation online course, as well as a leadership and careers course. Get in touch below to find out more.
Accommodation: Small but comfortable. Allows volunteers the perfect opportunity to get immersed in local culture.
Sleeping: Shared rooms. Private accommodation is available for an extra fee.
Food: 3 meals a day.
Timetable: Monday – Friday with weekends free to explore.
Support: Airport pick up (unless otherwise stated), 24-hour emergency phone, 24-hour in-country support.
Get 5% off with Sea Fans
Fill in this enquiry form, and a member of GVI will get in touch to answer all your questions. Plus, you’ll get 5% off your booking (subject to conditions).
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.