Thailand Coastal Marine Conservation Expedition
Who: Global Vision International (GVI).
Where: Phang Nga, Thailand.
Focus: Seasonal coastal conservation projects and year-round turtle research.
When: All year round. Dry season: November – March. Rainy season: May – October.
Duration: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 weeks.
Suitability: Over 18s.
Cost: 2 weeks from GBP 1095 | Additional two week placement from GBP 300.
As a volunteer in Thailand, you will:
- Assist in the conservation of Thailand’s coastal and marine ecosystems as a hands-on member of an international team. During the dry season, the focus is on coastal and marine conservation, When the rainy season comes, focus switches to terrestrial conservation.
- Immerse yourself in coastal environment research, coral reef monitoring and tourist education and management (November – March).
- Get involved in biodiversity surveying in nearby National Parks (May – October).
- Help out at two local turtle research and conservation centres with animal husbandry (all year round).
- Take part in extra activities such as beach cleans and community education classes for local schools, hotels and tour and dive operators,
- Help teach English to national park rangers and the general community.
Accommodation: Small but comfortable. Allows volunteers the perfect opportunity to get immersed in local culture.
Sleeping: Shared rooms. Private accommodation is available for an extra fee.
Food: 3 meals a day.
Timetable: Monday – Friday with weekends free to explore.
Support: Airport pick up (unless otherwise stated), 24-hour emergency phone, 24-hour in-country support.
The next step: Visit GVI for more information and to book.
Please say that you heard about this project from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this project below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer in marine conservation.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.