Marine and Coastal Conservation Project in Spain
Who: Volunteering Solutions
Where: Denia, Spain (100km south of Valencia)
Focus: Coastal marine life monitoring and conservation.
When: April – September (set start dates)
Duration: 2-8 weeks
Suitability: Over 18s.
Cost: 2 weeks from USD 1250 – EUR 1138 – GBP 1013 | Application fee not included.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Learn to accurately identify target species.
- Monitor whales, dolphins and seabirds.
- Conduct coastal flora and fauna surveys and data collection.
- Work at the wetland areas to improve the ecosystems.
- Help with turtle monitoring.
- Carry out coast and underwater cleaning.
- Get involved with reforestation and forest fire prevention.
- Receive a conservation certification on request after completion of the project.
Accommodation: Shared apartment with kitchen, living area and shared bathroom in the traditional fishing town of Denia.
Sleeping: Well-furnished single room
Working week: Monday – Friday lunchtime, with weekends free.
Support: Orientation session on arrival, 24-hour in-country volunteer support
Transport: Airport pick up,
The next step: Visit Volunteering Solutions for more information and to book.
Please say that you heard about this project from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this project below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer in marine conservation.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.