Who: Basking Shark Scotland
Where: Dunoon, Scotland
Focus: Boat tour to gather data on basking sharks and their migration patterns:
- Swim with basking sharks and collect underwater information as part of the science programme.
- Learn about plankton sampling and analysis.
- Photograph/ video the basking sharks.
- Record sightings of other marine life such as whales, dolphins, porpoises, seals and seabirds.
- Take part in a series of info-talks on the ecology and conservation of basking sharks by trained marine biologists.
Duration: 4 or 8 day trips
Suitability: 16+. Open to anyone with an interest in basking sharks. Great for prospective marine biology students.
Visit Basking Shark Scotland for more information.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to volunteer for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.