Who: Marine Conservation Society (MCS)
What: A definitive guide to sustainable seafood. You’ll get:
- The latest advice on which fish are okay to eat and which should be avoided based on whether they come from well-managed, sustainable stocks or farms.
- A comprehensive guide to nearly all fish found in UK shops, restaurants and markets.
- Top seafood recipes
- Restaurants and cafes that serve seafood – rated allowing diners to make informed choices when booking a table.
About: The world’s fish stocks are in decline. 90% of world fish stocks are fully or over-exploited from fishing. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Save the oceans and we can feed the world.
By changing our habits – just a little bit – we can help reduce the strain on certain species. By demanding that the fish you eat comes from sustainably managed stocks, and is caught or farmed in a way that causes minimal damage to the marine environment and other wildlife, you can make a real difference to the future of the ocean.
Start making wise seafood choices today
- Download the Good Fish Guide: Get the app and/or download your own PDF version by visiting MCS.
- Try something new: Swap tuna for mackerel, or try pollack or gurnard instead of salmon or cod. The seafood choices you make today will have a direct impact on how much seafood is available in the future.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to take action for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.