Project AWARE #NoExcuseForSingleUse
Take the pledge and say “No” to Single Use Plastic
Who: Project AWARE – a global movement for ocean protection powered by a community of adventurers and divers.
Where: Global campaign | Offices in USA, UK, Australia.
What: Take the pledge and say “No” to single-use plastics.
About: More than 250 million tons of plastic are estimated to end up in our ocean by 2025. All this plastic is going to seriously harm and kill wildlife like whales and sea turtles. Plus, it puts human health at risk.
Join the movement for a clean ocean. Sign the petition and say NO to single use plastics today.
Kick your plastic habit!
When many of us make small changes to the way we live, the impact on our planet can be great. Here are eight easy ways for you to reduce your use of single-use plastics:
- Say “no straw please” when ordering drinks – Plastic straws are one of the most common types of debris found underwater and on beaches. Buy your own non-plastic straw and carry it with you!
- Use reusable tote bags when shopping – Switch to recycled cotton or canvas bags.
- Try going plastic-free for a week or a month – Read about how to live a plastic free life.
- Wear natural fibres – When synthetic fabrics are washed, they can shed microfibers that enter our water system and eventually reach the ocean. Switch to natural fibres or shop for a microfibre-catching laundry ball.
- Swap plastic wrap for beeswax paper – Cover leftovers or wrap up your lunch with this reusable, sustainable alternative.
- Bring your own coffee mug, water bottle and cutlery – Say ‘no’ to plastic lids and bottles – carry your own for on the go.
- Keep plastic out of your home -From blenders to ice cube trays, opt for glass or stainless steel appliances and containers. Switch to bars for shampoo and soap.
- Make your pet plastic-free too – Purchase toys and pet furniture made of natural materials. Bamboo, sisal and cardboard are great, healthy options for your active cats and dogs.
Take action with Project AWARE.
- Adopt a Dive Site: Head over to Project AWARE to find out more about adopting your local dive site.
- Dive Against Debris: Find out how you can help clean up the ocean’s coral reefs, one dive at a time.
- Share the love: Encourage your local dive centre to get involved in reef cleaning or adopting their own dive site today.
- #divers4makos: Sign the petition and help end uncontrollable mako shark fishing today.
The next step: Visit Project AWARE to get involved today.
Please spread the word about Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this campaign below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to take action for the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.