The oceans are in trouble.
You can help protect and restore them #standforoceans
Where: Washington, USA (Global HQ)
What: International ocean protection campaigner dedicated to protecting and restoring the world’s oceans on a global scale. #StandForOceans
About: Oceana was established in 2001 as an international organisation focused solely on protecting and restoring the oceans on a global scale. It is dedicated to achieving considerable change by carrying out specific, science-based campaigns and expeditions with fixed deadlines and set goals.
Oceana also seeks to make the oceans more biodiverse and abundant by winning policy victories in the countries that govern much of the world’s marine life.
To date, Oceana has won nearly 200 campaign victories and helped to establish more than 3.5 million square miles of protected ocean.
Examples of these campaigns include:
- Restoration of sustainable fish stocks
- Stopping illegal fishing and seafood fraud
- Reducing bycatch
- Banning shark finning and bottom trawling
- Protecting polar bears and penguin habitats
- Restricting oil and gas development
- Reducing ocean pollution
Take action for the ocean today
There are several ways you can support Oceana and their work today:
- Sign petitions: Oceana is constantly fighting for new legislation to protect the ocean. Bookmark their website, sign the petitions and share them through social media.
- Eat sustainable seafood: Save the oceans and feed the world. Check out Oceana’s seafood recipe ideas from top chefs.
- Staying informed: Become a ‘Wavemaker’ and receive the latest news, events and action alerts.
- Adopt marine life: From blue whales to clownfish, or dolphins to penguins, Oceana has a large range of marine life adoption packages that help protect these creatures and their habitats. Find out more.
- Shop ocean-friendly: Buy merchandise and marine-themed gifts from clothing, to water bottles, bracelets, and more which help fund the organisation
The next step: Visit Oceana to take action today.
Please tell everyone about Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to take action for the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.