Project AWARE – Adopt a Dive Site
Are you ready to take your ‘Dive Against Debris’ to the next level?
Who: Project AWARE – a global movement for ocean protection powered by a community of adventurers and divers.
Where: Global campaign | Offices in USA, UK, Australia
What: Seated within Project AWARE’s flagship citizen-science program ‘Dive Against Debris’, the ‘Adopt a Dive Site’ campaign encourages dive leaders – dive instructors, dive centres and resorts – around the world to engage in ongoing protection and monitoring of local dive areas.
About: Participants commit to carry out monthly ‘Dive Against Debris’ surveys, reporting types and quantities of marine debris found underwater each month (unless the site is inaccessible) from the same location. Participants will also actively follow the 5 R’s: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rot (aka Compost).
Project AWARE provides a full suite of survey tools to help implement activities, a yearly report on the state of the local dive site, and recognition tools for dive centres, resorts and leaders to share their stewardship with local customers and community.
Take action for the ocean today
There are lots of ways to support Project AWARE’s great work:
- Adopt a Dive Site: Head on over to Project AWARE to find out more about adopting your local dive site.
- Dive Against Debris: Find out how you can help clean up the ocean’s coral reefs, one dive at a time.
- Share the love: Encourage your local dive centre to get involved in reef cleaning or adopting their own dive site today.
- #divers4makos: Sign the petition and help end uncontrollable mako shark fishing today.
- #noexcuseforsingleuse: Take the pledge and say no to single use plastics.
The next step: Visit Project AWARE to get involved today
Please spread the word about Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this campaign below.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to take action for the ocean.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.