People. Power. Change
Would you like to change the UK?
Who: 38 Degrees
Where: London, UK
What: Campaign and petition community for the UK
About: 38 Degrees is one of the UK’s biggest campaigning communities with millions of UK members holding the most powerful to account, and standing up for a fairer society. Every day members campaign and win together on the issues that matter and bring about real change in the UK, and help to apply pressure around the world. One of the key themes are campaigns run to preserve the planet.
Why ‘38 Degrees’? 38 Degrees is the angle at which snowflakes come together to form an avalanche – together we’re unstoppable. Members of the public can start their own campaign in minutes on any issue that’s close to their heart, or join an existing campaign by signing a petition.
Take action and make a difference
Examples of campaigns on the 38degrees network that you could sign a petition for, include protecting all types of marine wildlife, the ocean and coastal habitats around the UK, and abroad:
- Ban shark finning,
- Ban dolphin & whale capture or even slaughter,
- Requesting funding for wildlife sanctuaries,
- Promoting ethical fisheries,
- Ban monofilament fishing nets,
- Ban ballon releases,
- Ban plastic straws & cotton buds,
- Ban single use plastics, and non- biodegradable packaging,
- Promote clean beaches,
- Promote renewable energy and action to reduce climate change,
- and much more…
Across the country members are joining up to form local groups to create change where they live. What would you like to campaign on? Is there a current campaign or local group that shares your desire for change? Members receive support via the 38degree network.
Lend your support today
- To date 38 Degrees has 3+ million UK members, with over 40+ million signatures to over 11,000+ campaigns. Which petition will you sign to make a change?
- It is a not-for-profit political-activism organisation and accepts donations to help fund the organisation.
- 38degrees sells branded merchandise via the Ethicalshop, so that you can shop with a conscience.
The next step: Visit 38degrees to learn more.
Please tell everyone about Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to take action for the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.