Love the beach? Don’t let litter spoil it.
Join the beach cleaning movement that’s fun for the whole family.
Who: 2-minute beach clean
Where: Global campaign | HQ in Bude, UK.
What: Beach clean up movement. Beach-goers spend 2 minutes picking up litter every time they visit a beach. They then share the results on social media by using the hashtag #2minutebeachclean in order to spread awareness and encourage others.
About: The #2minutebeachclean is run by The Beach Clean Network Limited, a not-for-profit organisation that was set up in 2009 by Martin Dorey and Tab Parry to encourage beach cleaning.
Each and every piece of plastic removed from the beach is a piece that will no longer go on to kill. The next time you’re at the beach, why not spend 2 minutes picking up litter? Don’t forget to share your findings on twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #2minutebeachclean
Beach Clean Stations
As if spending 2 minutes cleaning a beach wasn’t simple enough, the founders have made it even easier with their beach cleaning stations. These A-frame boards have been set up in over 250 places across the UK and Ireland. They come complete with an outer holder for litter pickers and an integrated holder for carrier bags. Users take a litter picker and a bag, fill it up with litter for 2 minutes or more and dispose of the litter in nearby bins or recycling points. Carrier bags are to be placed back into the holder ready for the next user.
Take action for the ocean today
- Visit 2 Minute Beach Clean to find out more.
- The next time you’re at the beach, take 2 minutes to give things a tidy up. Don’t forget to share the results on social media and tag it #2minutebeachclean.
- Invest in a beach clean station: Start fundraising in your community, or encourage your local coffee shop, restaurant or bar to invest in a beach clean station for your local beach.
- Beach clean shop: Buy clothing, household products, art, gifts and more and help keep 2 minute beach clean going.
- 2-Minute Street Clean: Same idea, different place. Spread the word and help create a cleaner world. Find out more.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to take action for the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.