Fourth Element OceanPositive
Dive gear made from ocean plastic and fishing nets.
Who: Fourth Element
Where: Helston, Cornwall, UK
What: Men and women’s swimwear, rashguards, underwater thermal gear and wetsuits made from recycled ghost nets and other discarded waste, turned into ECONYL® yarn.
About: Fourth Element was founded by Paul Strike and Jim Standing. Their products cater for scuba divers, snorkellers and many other water sport enthusiasts. They are at the forefront of both wetsuit, drysuit and thermal protection design for use in the most demanding underwater environments from remote tropical destinations to sub-zero polar regions.
From compostable packaging to recycled swimwear and supporting various environmental charities, they are heavily involved in ocean conservation efforts.
Feel good shopping
- Fourth Element work directly with organisations such as World Animal Protection, Global Ghost Gear Initiative (GGGI) and Cornwall Seal Group Research Trust.
- Their Fathoms Free team of wildlife lovers and keen divers regularly help with activities such as beach cleans and retrieving ghost fishing nets.
- They have partnered with several of the world’s leading charities and non-profit organisations to produce collections of lifestyle clothing – the sales of which directly benefit those organisations, e.g. The Shark Trust, the Plastic Oceans Foundation, the Manta Trust and the Whale and Dolphin Conservation.
- They work with the charity Deptherapy to support rehabilitating mentally and physically disabled servicemen and women through learning to scuba dive.
- They have pledged their commitment to eliminate all single-use plastic from their product packaging by 2020 and to continue their development of products from recycled materials.
Shop ocean-friendly today
Fourth Element products can be browsed on their online catalogue and from Amazon. They offer international shipping and free UK shipping on all orders over £70.
The next step: Visit Fourth Element to learn more and see all products.
Please say that you heard about this company from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of these products below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to shop ocean-friendly.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.