Shop to save dolphins
100% of profits from the Dolphin Project shop goes towards protecting dolphins worldwide.
Who: Ric O’Barry’s Dolphin Project
Where: Online shop | HQ in Santa Monica, USA
What: Dolphin themed-products that fund worldwide dolphin protection campaigns. Choose from:
- Clothing: Male and female hoodies, tank tops, t-shirts and activewear.
- Accessories: Bags, keychains, bumper stickers and badges.
- Jewellery: Dolphin-inspired necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
About: Dolphin Project is the longest-running anti-captivity dolphin welfare organisation in the world and was founded by Richard (Ric) O’Barry on Earth Day (April 22) 1970. They aim to educate the public about captivity and, where feasible, retire and/or release captive dolphins. They actively campaign to end dolphin exploitation and slaughter, with campaigns focused on specific institutions, such as aquariums, and geographical hotspots where dolphin hunts take place. Read more about how the Dolphin Project came about in the book ‘Behind the Dolphin Smile‘.
The Dolphin Project have achieved many important victories for dolphins over the years such as negotiating for an end to dolphin slaughter in the Solomon Islands. They also grabbed the world’s attention to the brutal drive hunts taking place along the coast of Taiji, Japan, as seen in the 2009 Academy Award-winning feature documentary ‘The Cove‘.
Feel good shopping
- Dolphin Project spends 100% of the profit on all sales on protecting dolphins.
- While your on the site, take their pledge to NOT buy a ticket to a dolphin show, swim with captive dolphins, or in any way support institutions that make a profit from captive dolphins.
Shop ocean-friendly today
Dolphin Project products can be bought from their online catalogue. They offer international shipping.
The next step: Visit Dolphin Project to see all products.
Please tell everyone about Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of these products below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to shop ocean-friendly.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.