Go snorkelling around the North Harris coastline
Who: Scottish Wildlife Trust
Where: Tarbet, Isle of Harris, Scotland
Focus: Snorkelling and wildlife watching
When: All year round – but check the weather first | Summertime is recommended.
Suitability: All ages
- Experience incredible underwater marine life on one of six snorkel trails as detailed in the helpful leaflet available for free download.
- The leaflet details: the location and access point of each snorkel site, parking, camping, toilets, the closest villages, shops and other facilities, as well as emergency and medical contact details.
- You will see many species of animal and plants along the way: fish, crustaceans, snails and other invertebrates, jellyfish, starfish, sea squirts, soft corals, anemones, and urchins.
- You may also be lucky and see: basking sharks, harbour porpoise, bottlenose dolphins, common and grey seals, minke whales, and mermaids purses (shark or ray egg cases).
- You may also see other animals along the trail’s coastline, including many species of seabird and possibly even the white-tailed eagle
- Before you go snorkelling, make sure you read their snorkel safety information so that you know how to be a safe and responsible snorkeller.
- Share your underwater experience with the Scottish Wildlife Trust – stories and photographs, animal sightings.
- Check out the Trust’s other snorkel site around the North West Highlands, and also the Trust’s many beautiful coastal reserves where you can view seabirds, seals, dolphins, and more…
About The Scottish Wildlife Trust
The Scottish Wildlife Trust is a Scottish registered charity founded in 1964. For over 50 years it has been a leader in the conservation of Scotland’s land and sea. It champions the cause of conservation through campaigning work and advising management policy. It inspires people to take positive action through education and engagement activities. It manages a network of 120 wildlife reserves all across Scotland.
Headquarters: Scottish Wildlife Trust, Harbourside House, 110 Commercial St, Edinburgh, EH6 6NF
The next step: Visit Scottish Wildlife Trust for more information.
Please say that you heard about this experience from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your opinions of this activity below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.