Discover snorkel trails around the North-West Highlands
Who: Scottish Wildlife Trust
Where: Ullapool, North-West Highlands, Scotland
Focus: Snorkel trails and wildlife watching
When: All year round | Summertime is recommended.
Suitability: All ages
- Experience incredible underwater marine life on one of nine unguided snorkel trails. A detailed leaflet is available for free download and details: the location and access point of each snorkel site, parking, camping, toilets, the closest villages, shops and other facilities, as well as emergency and medical contact details.
- See many species of animal and plants, including fish, crustaceans, snails and other invertebrates, jellyfish, starfish, sea squirts, soft coral, anemones, urchins and Mermaid Purses (shark or ray egg cases).
- Try to spot some of Scotland’s marine megafauna: Basking sharks, harbour porpoise, bottlenose dolphins, common and grey seals and minke whales.
- Keep an eye on the sky to see many species of seabird and possibly even the white-tailed eagle
- Share your underwater experiences with the Scottish Wildlife Trust.
- Check out the other snorkel sites around North Harris, and also the Trust’s many beautiful coastal reserves where you can view seabirds, seals, dolphins, and more…
- Read the Trust’s Snorkel Safety information before you go.
- NEVER go in on your own – always have a buddy,
- Wear adequate clothing; it can get chilly in Scotland. Fourth Element make great thermal gear made from durable recycled materials.
The Scottish Wildlife Trust
The Scottish Wildlife Trust is a Scottish registered charity founded in 1964. For over 50 years it has been a leader in the conservation of Scotland’s land and sea. It champions the cause of conservation through campaigning work and advising management policy. It inspires people to take positive action through education and engagement activities. It manages a network of 120 wildlife reserves all across Scotland.
Headquarters: Scottish Wildlife Trust, Harbourside House, 110 Commercial St, Edinburgh, EH6 6NF
The next step: Visit the Scottish Wildlife Trust for more information.
Please say that you heard about this experience from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this project below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.