Who: WDC Scottish Dolphin Centre
Where: Spey Bay, Moray IV32 7PJ, Scotland, UK.
Focus: Land-based dolphin watching
Suitability: All ages:
- School groups – nursery, primary and secondary,
- Youth and community groups.
Cost: FREE – donations accepted
- Dolphin spotting: Try and spot the largest bottlenose dolphins in the world and add data that helps inform conservation decisions.
- Wild life: As well as bottlenose dolphins, you might see ospreys, grey and common seals, the occasional otter and many coastal birds.
- Daily guided tours (sorry, no dogs allowed)
- Unguided walks: (dogs allowed) Join the Speyside Way on well-maintained flat cycle and footpaths – one mile to the old iron railway bridge. .
- Historical site – 18th Century salmon fishing station and UK’s largest surviving icehouse.
- Whale Bones: See and touch a collection of huge whale bones.
- Interactive exhibition and audio-visual displays, including an acoustic exhibit where you can listen to the sound of the sea.
- Wildlife cameras and Binoculars – ‘Dolphin cam’ and ‘river cam’.
- Kids’ area – colouring table, giant jigsaws and more!
- Sightings board – collect data used in conservation efforts.
- Gift shop and café
Visit WDC Scottish Dolphin Centre for more information and to plan your visit.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.