Who: Basking Shark Scotland
Focus: Wildlife and adventure boat tours with marine biologists with optional snorkelling and kayaking.
- Spot and snorkel with basking sharks and contribute to an active science programme on every tour.
- Tours run from April to October. The sharks start arriving between April-June (the exact time changes year on year). Peak season is mid July to end of August, then the sharks start their southerly migration between September/ October.
- Visit Treshnish Isles Special Area of Conservation, a highly important area for puffins and other seabirds such as razorbills, guillemots and fulmars.
- Tours run from April to June.
- Visit a protected lagoon, home to a large seal colony of both common/harbour seals and grey seals. The lagoon has a white shell sand beach, and is surrounded by fringing kelp forest reefs.
- Tours run from April to October and is suitable for passengers wanting to swim, kayak and SUP as the lagoon is protected from the wind.
Duration: From 1 day up to 7 days. Accommodation on land.
Suitability: Min. age of 8. Under 16s must be accompanied by at least one parent/guardian.
Visit Basking Shark Scotland for more information and costs.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.