Trawangan Dive Resort
Who: Trawangan Dive
Where: Gili Trawangan, Gili Islands, Bali, Indonesia
When: All year round
About: A PADI 5* Career Development Centre (CDC) offering a full range of dive courses and trips, as well as:
- A range of luxury ‘dive and stay’ packages. Received Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor.
- 3 dives a day (except on Fridays). All dives sites no more than 15 minutes by boat
- Multi-lingual PADI and TDI instructors
- Night dives available everyday on request
- Tec diving, courses and a climate controlled tec room
- Reef Restoration programme, including Biorock® and Reef Check speciality (more info below)
- Equipment storage room
- Equipment servicing centre
- Dive retail shop
- PADI Green Star award – the first dive centre in the Lombok region to be awarded Green Star status.
- Supporter of the Gili Eco Trust, the islands’ conservation organisation. Get involved in green initiatives such as reef restoration, patrolling for illegal fishing practices, waste management and recycling, beach clean ups and animal welfare clinics.
- Supporter of Project Aware
Dive Training: Full range of PADI courses from Open Water to Rescue, including specialities such as AWARE Shark Conservation and Fish ID, PADI Biorock® speciality, Sidemount Diver, Wreck and Digital Underwater Photography.
Go Pro: PADI Divemaster, Instructor Development Course (IDC), Speciality Instructor, EFR Instructor, Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT), IDC Staff Instructor – Find out more.
Go Tec: Trawangan Dive offers a variety of TDI Nitrox, Trimix, Closed Circuit Rebreather (CCR) and Service courses.
Reef Restoration Programme
The Gili Islands are the second largest Biorock® site in the world, currently home to 63 Biorock® structures and have hosted International Reef Restoration Training Workshops.
Divers can learn about coral biology and environmental threats, be trained how to coral garden, survey, conserve, maintain the Biorock® and finally design, weld and submerge their own Biorock® structure through a variety of eco courses:
- Introduction to reef gardening – learn how to identify broken live corals and give them a second chance of survival.
- Dive Against Debris – clean up rubbish from the reefs and deliver the findings to Project Aware.
- PADI Biorock® Speciality course – learn about Biorock® and help build and sink a new structure.
- Reef Check – learn how to ID fish, inverts, corals and substrates in order to identify the health of a reef.
The next step: Visit Trawangen Dive for more information and to book.
Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.