Who: Trawangan Dive
Where: Gili Trawangan, Gili Islands, Bali, Indonesia
When: All year round
What: The Gili Islands are the second largest Biorock® site in the world, currently home to 63 Biorock® structures and have hosted International Reef Restoration Training Workshops.
Divers can learn about coral biology and environmental threats, be trained how to coral garden, survey, conserve, maintain the Biorock® and finally design, weld and submerge their own Biorock® structure through a variety of eco courses:
- Coral propagation: Develop a deeper understanding of reef survey and coral propagation techniques as well as nursery site selection, building and monitoring processes.
- Reef gardening: Learn how to identify broken live corals and give them a second chance of survival.
- PADI Biorock® Speciality course – Learn about Biorock® and help build and sink a new structure.
- Reef Check – Learn how to ID fish, inverts, corals and substrates in order to identify the health of a reef.
- Dive Against Debris – Clean up rubbish from the reefs and deliver the findings to Project Aware.
Gili Trawangan Green Credentials:
- PADI Green Star award – the first dive centre in the Lombok region to be awarded Green Star status.
- Supporter of the Gili Eco Trust, the islands’ conservation organisation – reef restoration, patrolling for illegal fishing practices, waste management and recycling, beach clean ups and animal welfare clinics.
- Supporter of Project AWARE
Visit Trawangen Dive for more information.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.