Where guests leave as friends
Who: Thalassa Dive Resort – Lembeh
Where: Lembeh, North-Sulawesi, Indonesia
When: All year round.
About: Thalassa are a set of 5* PADI Dive Resorts in Indonesia, based in the Bunaken National Park, Lembeh Strait and Bangka Archipelago. The centre in Lembeh offers:
- A range of PADI courses and dive packages.
- Dive trips to all the popular dive sites in the Lembeh Strait – with arguably the best ‘muck’ diving in the world.
- The chance to see macro critters including seahorses, nudibranchs, frogfish, flamboyant cuttlefish, mimic octopus, scorpionfish, pipefish and the endemic Banggai cardinalfish.
- Sunset and night dives on request.
- Snorkelling only trips.
- Personal photo dive guides.
- Check out Thalassa’s sister PADI IDC centre in Manado.
- PADI Green Star Award.
- 100% Project Aware.
- GreenFins certified.
- Shark Guardian Centre.
- CoralWatch partner.
- Supports and sponsors local communities in eco-friendly living.
- Created the ‘Kehidupan Anda’ (Your Life) Foundation to provide education for children of all ages in the village of Tongkeina. They built a new school encompassing kindergarten through to senior high school, which includes a curriculum for Underwater Tourism.
- No plastic policy: The resort strongly discourages the use of plastic bottles, and offers reusable aluminium bottles.
- No reef fish for dinner: The resort only serves sustainable pelagic fish like tuna and mackerel. If endangered reef fish are being sold at the market, the resort demonstrates to stop this.
- Guests can enjoy lectures or lessons from local experts or “evangelists” passionate about ocean conservation subjects.
- Organises regular beach cleans
Dive Training: Full range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving and Open Water to Rescue. They also teach many specialities including: Wreck, Digital Underwater Photography, Underwater Naturalist, Project AWARE courses and many more.
The next step: Visit Thalassa Dive Resort Lembeh for more information.
Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.