Who: Subway Watersports – a PADI 5* IDC (Instructor Development Centre) and resort
Where: Roatan, The Bay Islands, Honduras
When: All year round. If you want to see whale sharks, the best time is March – April and October – December
What: An environmentally-oriented Divemaster Internship. Candidates get full Divemaster training as well as getting involved in exciting eco-projects in and around Roatan with a heavy focus on coral reef conservation. The internship includes:
- A FREE Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course.
- PADI Coral Restoration Diver certification.
- Bay Islands Reef Restoration Distinctive Speciality Course.
- Lectures on coral reef ecology, restoration, surveying and nursery maintenance.
- Helping out with ongoing eco-projects such as the Coral Nursery Project and the Cordelia Banks Thesis Project.
- Working with the Roatan Marine Park and other conservation organisations around the island to help improve the current state of the reef system.
- Helping to reduce the invasive lionfish population, coral reef surveying, coral nursery maintenance, beach and ocean clean ups and turtle protection.
Subway Watersports Green Credentials:
- National Geographic Dive Centre.
- PADI Green Star award.
- 100% Project AWARE
- Sponsors of the Bay Islands Reef Restoration programme.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.