Take the Subway to Adventure
Combining Superior Dive Training with Green Initiatives in Roatan.
Who: Roatan Dive Academy by Subway Watersports
Where: Turquoise Bay Resort, Roatan, The Bay Islands, Honduras
When: All year round:
- Best time for whale sharks: March – April and October – December
- Caribbean reef shark sightings all year round
About: A full service PADI 5* IDC (Instructor Development Centre) and resort offering:
- PADI courses, dive packages, and dive trips around the island of Roatan.
- Dive or snorkel coral reefs, walls and wrecks along the world’s second largest barrier reef.
- Experience diving with Caribbean reef sharks, and snorkelling with whale sharks.
- A variety of watersport activities including snorkelling, kayaking, and paddle boarding
- Land based fun including canopy/ziplining, horseback riding, and more.
- Accommodation available through Turquoise Bay Resort.
- National Geographic Dive Centre.
- PADI Green Star award.
- 100% Project AWARE
- Sponsors of the Bay Islands Reef Restoration programme.
- Performs and actively promotes the eradication of the invasive lionfish population.
- Conducts coral reef surveying.
- Organises beach and ocean clean ups.
- Takes part in the Turtle protection programme.
- PADI GoPro Green Divemaster Internship – candidates get involved in eco-projects.
- Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course
- Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner
Dive Training: Full range of PADI courses from Open Water to Rescue and specialities including: Wreck, Digital Underwater Photography and Videography, Underwater Naturalist, Project AWARE courses such as AWARE Coral Reef Conservation, and many more.
Go Pro: PADI Divemaster, Instructor (IDC), EFR Instructor courses, and IDC Staff Instructor available.
PADI GOPRO Green Divemaster Internship
Subway Watersports offers one of the first environmentally-oriented DM Internships. Candidates get involved in exciting eco-projects in and around Roatan with a heavy focus on coral reef conservation. Includes:
- A FREE Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course
- PADI Coral Restoration Diver certification
- Bay Islands Reef Restoration Distinctive Speciality Course
- Lectures on coral reef ecology, restoration, surveying and nursery maintenance.
- Helping out with ongoing eco-projects such as the Coral Nursery Project and the Cordelia Banks Thesis Project.
- Working with the Roatan Marine Park and other conservation organisations around the island to help improve the current state of the reef system.
- Helping to reduce the invasive lionfish population, coral reef surveying, coral nursery maintenance, beach and ocean clean ups and turtle protection.
The next step: Visit Subway Watersports for more info and to book.
Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.