Who: Scuba Junkie – A PADI 5* IDC (Instructor Development Centre)
Where: Mabul Island, Sabah, Malaysia
When: All year round.
Duration: The Divemaster course is 4 weeks long with an additional 2 or 4 week conservation internship.
Eco-Divemaster Course: The PADI Divemaster course with additional:
- Lectures on shark and turtle conservation and biology
- Reef fish & Coral ID sessions
- Reef Check Certification course with the in-house Reef Check team.
- Helping out with extra marine conservation activities such as beach cleans, reef cleans, helping release baby turtles at the hatchery and community projects such as introducing local school kids to the underwater world.
Visit Scuba Junkie to find out more.
Scuba Junkie green credentials
- PADI Green Star Award.
- 100% Project AWARE.
- Green Fins certified.
- Dedicated staff of marine biologists and shark conservationists.
- Runs the S.E.A.S (Shark Education, Awareness & Survival) presentations project.
- Reef Check Certified Dive Centre
- Beach Cleans and Dive Against Debris dives.
- Hosts talks by outside projects e.g. the WWF, the Darwin Initiative, The Friends of Tun Sakaran Marine Park, and Borneo Conservancy.
- Teaches in local schools about environmental projects and to encourage recycling.
- No Seafood Policy at resort and dive centers.
- Advises and raises funds for the Semporna Shark Sanctuary.
- Mabul Turtle Hatchery for Hawksbill and Green turtles in partnership with the Sabah Wildlife Department.
- Chair of the Mabul Marine Committee.
- Mabul island is close to world-renowned Sipidan – turtles, sharks, rays, schooling barracudas.
- One of the world’s best macro life areas with creatures such as pygmy seahorses, nudibranches, flamboyant cuttlefish, and mandarinfish.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to learn about the ocean.
Write a review: Share your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: Please read our terms and conditions.