Where guests leave as friends!
Who: Thalassa Dive Resort – Manado
Where: Manado, North-Sulawesi, Indonesia
When: All year round.
About: A PADI 5* Resort and Instructor Development Centre (IDC) offering:
- PADI courses and dive packages
- Dive trips to the wide variety of dive sites within the Bunaken National Marine Park, ranging from steep walls to seagrass beds.
- Trips to the Bangka Archipelago where divers can experience volcanic hot water rising up from the seabed,
- Snorkelling only trips available.
- Trips to the Lembeh Straits to experience some of the world’s best muck diving. Check out Thalassa’s sister PADI 5* Resort and dive centre in Lembeh.
- PADI Green Star Award.
- 100% Project Aware.
- GreenFins certified.
- Shark Guardian centre.
- CoralWatch partner.
- Supports and sponsors local communities in eco-friendly living.
- Created the ‘Kehidupan Anda’ (Your Life) Foundation to provide education for children of all ages in the village of Tongkeina. They built a new school encompassing kindergarten through to senior high school, which includes a curriculum for Underwater Tourism.
- No plastic policy – the resort strongly discourages the use of plastic bottles, and offers reusable aluminium bottles.
- No reef fish for dinner – the resort only serves sustainable pelagic fish like tuna and mackerel. If endangered reef fish are being sold at the market, the resort demonstrates to stop this.
- Guests can enjoy lectures or lessons from local experts or “evangelists” passionate about ocean conservation subjects.
- Organises regular beach cleans
Dive Training: Full range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba try dives, Open Water to Rescue. They also teach many specialities including: Wreck, Digital Underwater Photography, Underwater Naturalist, Project AWARE courses and many more.
Go Pro: PADI Divemaster and Instructor Development courses available.
The next step: Visit Thalassa Dive Resort Manado for more information.
Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.