Together We Can Turn Tides
Who: Orca scuba
Where: Pulau Rawa, Johor, Malaysia (Headquarters in Singapore)
When: All year round.
About: Orca Scuba aim to be a worldwide authority on responsible diving and sustainability, be a driving force behind global conservation, and run an international network of green dive operations. The PADI 5* IDC Centre in Pulau Rawa offers:
- A full range of PADI courses and dive packages.
- Dive trips to all the popular dive sites around the island of Pulau Rawa and the Sultan Marine Park in Malaysia,
- Tailored dive programmes for families, school and university groups and team building for private sector and government organisations.
- Dive trips around South East Asia and beyond.
- Help and advice with diving and non-diving activities, transfers and general holiday advice. Awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Non-diving activities including kayaking and yoga.
- Green Fins certified.
- Conduct regular beach and dive site clean ups.
- Teach Project AWARE courses including AWARE Coral Reef Conservation, Fish ID and Underwater Naturalist.
- Seagrass replantation and transplantation.
- Coral reef monitoring and preservation.
- Every PADI course taught, from beginner to professional courses, contains an element of conservation.
- Run a programme of conservation projects and education courses includingThe ‘Oceanic Awareness Program’ for children aged 8 to 18.
- Orca aims to make a truly positive impact on the planet. They have aligned their vision with Goal 14 of the United Nations Sustainable Development campaign.
- Find out more: Read the ‘Manifesto to save the Oceans, Planet and Ourselves’ a book by Orca’s founder Jeroen Van de Waal. Sign up to get the first chapter for free
Dive Training: Full range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving and Open Water to Rescue are available, including speciality courses: Wreck, Digital Underwater Photography and many more.
Go Pro: PADI Divemaster and Instructor courses available.
The next step: Visit Orca Scuba for more information and to book.
Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.