Fuel the Addiction
Who: Scuba Junkie
Where: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
When: All year round.
- Whale sharks sightings: November to May.
About: A PADI 5* IDC (Instructor Development Centre) offering:
- PADI courses and dive packages.
- Dive trips to all the popular sites around the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park and the islands near Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia.
- A huge variety of marine life from thousands of schooling fish, pristine coral reefs, unusual critters such as sea horses, frogfish. orangutan crabs and octopus as well as turtles, black tip reef sharks, rays and whale sharks.
- Enjoy excellent muck, wreck and night diving.
- Snorkel only tours available.
Note: Book ahead to ensure receiving the necessary permit to enter the marine park.
Join Scuba Junkie at their other dive centre on the south coast of Sabah based at Semporna/Mabul Island for more diving, e.g. around the famous Sipadan.
- PADI Green Star Award.
- 100% Project AWARE.
- Green Fins certified.
- Dedicated staff of marine biologists and shark conservationists.
- Runs the S.E.A.S (Shark Education, Awareness and Survival) presentations project.
- Reef Check Certified Dive Centre with full time Reef Check Certified Instructors.
- Carries out beach clean ups and Dive Against Debris dives.
- Hosts talks by outside projects e.g. the WWF, the Darwin Initiative, The Friends of Tun Sakaran Marine Park, and Borneo Conservancy.
- Teaches in local schools about environmental projects and to encourage recycling.
- Has a no seafood policy at resort and dive centres.
- Advises and raises funds for the Semporna Shark Sanctuary.
- Set up Mabul’s first and only Turtle Hatchery for Hawksbill and Green turtles in partnership with the Sabah Wildlife Department.
- Chair of the Mabul Marine Committee.
- Winner of Responsible Tourism Award: Best in Protection of Natural Areas and Wildlife Conservation.
Dive Training: Full range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba try dives and Open Water to Rescue, as well as speciality courses.
Go Pro: PADI Divemaster and Instructor courses available.
Divemaster Internship: Min. 3 month stay. Participants have the opportunity to take part in marine conservation projects and help with the ‘marine weeks’ under the guidance of our environmental officer.
The next step: Visit Scuba Junkie for more information and to book.
Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.