The Best Shark Dive in the World – 8 species including Bull Sharks
A conservation project masquerading as a dive shop
Who: Beqa Adventure Divers
Where: Lagoon Resort, Fairway Place, Pacific Harbour, Fiji
When: All year round.
- Bull shark sightings: Greatest numbers from January to April, and least between October and December.
About: A PADI dive resort offering:
- PADI courses and dive packages.
- Dive trips to all the popular dive sites around Beqa Lagoon, including coral reefs and wrecks
- Experience arguably the best shark dive in the world. Along with diving with the stars, the Bull Sharks, other species may be seen including: Whitetips, Blacktips, Grey, Silvertips, Nurse, Lemon, and the occasional Tiger Shark.
- Manages the Fiji Shark Project and the Shark Reef Marine Reserve, Fiji’s first MPA dedicated to researching and preserving a local shark population.
- Established as a global shark conservation and shark research venture.
- Partnered with, and sponsored by, the Shark Foundation, the Save our Seas Foundation and PADI Project AWARE.
- Lobby the Government of Fiji to enact wide-ranging shark protection legislation.
- Manages the Fiji Bull Shark Tagging Programme to investigate the large – and small – scale movements of these sharks using satellite and acoustic telemetry.
- Regularly hosts shark conservation studies for high school and college students, and offers research internships.
- All the staff have been certified as Fish Wardens and conduct regular patrols keeping fishing activities within acceptable limits.
- Performs regular fish counts aimed at recording any changes to the biodiversity within the reserve and so improve the management of the area.
- Takes part in habitat conservation efforts including restoration of mangroves.
- Conducts questionnaires investigating different aspects of Ecotourism.
Dive Training: Full range of PADI courses from Open Water to Rescue. They also teach many specialities including: Wreck, Digital Underwater Photography, Underwater Naturalist, Project AWARE courses, and many more.
Go Pro: PADI Divemaster course available.
The next step: Visit Beqa Adventure Divers for more info and to book.
Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.