Dive. Enrich, Preserve. Discover.
Who: Eco Koh Tao, part of Crystal Dive
Where: Mae Haad, Koh Tao, Thailand
When: All year round.
About: Eco Koh Tao specialises in preparing and instructing divers, and dive professionals, with an emphasis on all aspects of marine conservation. They believe in preservation and conservation of marine environments through education, awareness and direct action.
Eco Koh Tao are the in-house conservation team of Crystal Dive, a PADI 5* Resort and Career development Centre (CDC). Together they offer:
- A full range of PADI dive courses, dive packages and eco dive courses.
- Dive trips to all the popular reefs, pinnacles and wreck dive sites around the island of Koh Tao in Thailand, including weekly trips to Sail Rock and Chumphon Pinnacle.
- Eco internships – 2, 4 or 6 weeks
- Snorkelling only trips.
- Freediving courses
- Tec Diving courses
- Wreck diving on the HTMS Sattakut.
- PADI Green Star Award.
- 100% AWARE.
- Dive Against Debris – conducts regular beach and dive site clean ups
- Campaigns to protect sharks and rays.
- Reef Check and CoralWatch surveys
- Builds artificial reefs e.g. Junkyard Reef, Buoyancy Word, and Bio-Rock dive sites
- Maintains coral and giant clam nurseries
- Mooring buoys and line maintenance and management.
- Adopt a coral transplant project
- Conducts Marine Resource Management programs.
- Produces scientific papers and reports.
Cost: Available here
Recreational Dive Courses: Full range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving and Open Water to Rescue. Speciality courses include: Wreck, Digital Underwater Photography and Videography, Underwater Naturalist and many more.
Go Pro: PADI Divemaster, Instructor (IDC), Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) and IDC Staff Instructor
Freediving: PADI Freediver, Advanced Freediver, Master Freediver and Freediving Instructor.
Tec Diving: PADI Tec 40, 45 and 50.
Eco Diving Courses
Fancy learning about the underwater world? An eco diving course is a great introduction to what’s actually going on under the waves, and how divers can help conserve it:
Reef Check Eco Diver: Reef Check is both a worldwide coral reef surveying methodology (coral reef monitoring, data recording and submission). Once certified, divers can join coral reef survey teams all over the world and gather data on coral reefs. This data then goes into a worldwide database which gives a overall view of the health of the world’s coral reefs.
Marine Resource Management: The Marine Resource Management Program goes deeper into the ecology and biology of the coral reef ecosystem and uses a fantastic manual from the University of Queensland as its guide – Coral Reefs & Climate Change – which divers get as part of the program. Gain an introduction to the coral nurseries, Biorock technology and other reef restoration projects that need constant attention.
Note: To join this course, divers must already be Reef Check certified (or equivalent).
The next step
Visit Eco Koh Tao for more info and to book. Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.