Don’t settle for less. Dive with the best
Conservation through Research, Restoration and Education
Who: Bay Islands College of Diving
Where: Utila, Honduras
When: All year round.
- Whale Sharks: Peak season for whale sharks is March to April, but they are sighted regularly throughout the year.
About: A PADI 5* CDC (Career Development Centre) and Gold Palm Resort offering:
- PADI courses and dive packages
- Dive trips to all the popular sites around the Island of Utila in the Bay Islands of Honduras.
- Dorm rooms included with all fun diving and dive courses. Upgrade options available at additional cost.
- The centre has the island’s only Hyperbaric Chamber and Trauma Centre.
- Go Pro with with a Marine Conservation IDC Internship.
- The chance to get involved in marine conservation via their partner conservation organisation – The Whale Shark & Oceanic Research Center (WSORC). Learn to survey coral reefs, monitor whale sharks and more.
- PADI Green Star Award.
- The first 100% Project AWARE centre on Utila.
- Onsite Naturalist Division – The Whale Shark & Oceanic Research Center. The only dive centre in Honduras that has been recognised by the government and awarded a permit to conduct marine research.
- Whale shark tracking and monitoring.
- Coral reef monitoring programme.
- ReefCheck member.
- Lionfish management, in partnership with Oxford University and Operation Wallacea.
Dive Training: Full range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving and Open Water to Rescue. They also teach many speciality courses including: Full Face Mask Diver, Sidemount Diver, Wreck, Underwater photography, Underwater Naturalist, Project AWARE courses, and more. Technical Diving courses also available.
Tec Diving: Tec 40, 45 and 50, Tec Deep and Tec Deep Instructor courses.
Go Pro: PADI Divemaster, Instructor, Staff Instructor, and more professional courses available.
Marine Conservation IDC Internship: This 3 month internship combines professional diving tuition with marine conservation activities, including:
- Training and data collection in benthic and fish monitoring studies.
- Whale shark research and identification.
- Lionfish regulation management.
- Introduction to how NGO’s operate within Marine Protected Areas.
The next step: Visit Bay Islands College of Diving for more info.
Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.