Your Partner with Mother Earth
Who: Barbados Blue
Where: Hilton Hotel, Pebbles Beach, Needham’s Point, Carlisle Bay, St. Michael, Barbados
When: All year round.
About: A PADI 5* Resort offering:
- PADI courses, dive packages, and dive trips to all the popular dive sites and wrecks in the Carlisle Bay Marine Park and around the island of Barbados.
- Snorkelling only excursions.
- One of the densest Hawksbill Turtle nesting beach in the Eastern Caribbean. Guests are almost guaranteed to see one while snorkelling, kayaking or diving.
- Years of reef conservation and restoration experience. Barbados Blue ensures diving excursions are not just a dive, but rather an unforgettable learning experience.
- A sister dive centre ‘Eco Dive Grenada’.
- PADI Green Award.
- 100% AWARE.
- Teaches the ‘Project AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Diver’ speciality course.
- The only dive facility in Barbados with two PADI Instructors who are also marine biologists; Manager Andre Miller M.Sc. specialty in coral transplantation and Christie Finney M.Sc. specialty in the genetic biodiversity and distribution of coral symbionts in the Barbados and the Caribbean.
- The Reef Check coordinating operator for the Eastern Caribbean.
- PADI Project AWARE Coral Reef Monitoring Dive Centre.
- CoralWatch Dive Operator.
- Regular monitoring of coral reefs for coral bleaching, and other ecological issues.
- Coordinates a coral transplantation programme.
- Hosting dive centre for the Eastern Caribbean’s Coral Reef Crime Scene Investigation workshop.
- Helped draft the local scuba diving, marine protected area and water sports regulations.
- Carries out regular reef and beach clean ups.
- Promotes use of permanent moorings as oppose to dropping anchor.
- Conducts public awareness presentations and educational seminars for schools and youth camps.
- Supports the Junior Coral Reef Ambassador Programmer run through the University of the West Indies CERMES department.
- Supports Internship projects with students from McGill University Bellairs Research Institute (BFSS)
- Manages environmental consulting services “Carib Marine Contracting & Research” – refer to transplantingcoral.com.
Dive Training: Full range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving and Open Water to Rescue. They also teach many speciality courses including: Wreck, Digital Underwater Photography & Videography, Underwater Naturalist, Project AWARE courses including ‘Coral Reef Conservation Diver’, and many more.
The next step: Visit Barbados Blue for more info and to book.
Please say that you heard about this dive operator from Sea Fans.
Write a review: Share your experience of this organisation below.
Be inspired: Discover more ways to experience the ocean.
Get in touch: To claim or amend this listing, please contact us.
Disclaimer: Sea Fans is a labour of underwater love.
Please read our terms and conditions.